Friday, October 15, 2010

Drama

Why is it some people refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. My brother is 26 yrs old and can't seem to grasp the thought of being a productive member of society. My sister and I had to go to my parents this morning and break up a " love fest" that was going on.
My littlest brother finally moved out of my house and whacked up ( for a short time ) with a young lady that he worked with. Needless to say, things didn't really work out and he moved back home with my parents. This all took place about 3 days ago. Enter ex/ on again / off again girlfriend, who can't stop lovin' my bro. While my parents are out of town they (my brother and his woman) decided to turn the house into their own little pleasure palace. GROSS! My sister was not about to let him disrespect our parents and get away with it, so she headed out to "clean house", and took me as back up. I just want to state for the record I am horrible back up :)
After a high drama confrontation, tears, cursing, and a couple phone calls the situation was resolved. Whatever! I am convinced that my brother greatly enjoyed the whole debacle and does not feel an ounce of remorse. We will have to wait and see what my parents decide to do about their latest boomerang child if they decide to do anything at all. Most of the time, it seems, they defend him and feel sorry for him. Which tends to make others in the family, shall we say, mildly upset.
Just to play Devils Advocate. I don't know how I would react if my sweet little girl were to act out in like fashion. I have a hard time condemning my parents when my child is only 4 and I can't even imagine her acting like my brother. I think it's easy for some people to judge how my parents should handle the situation, and yes it is very frustrating, but until I have been in that predicament I choose to support them in their decisions on how they handle things with my brother. I will tell my brother though, that in my opinion he needs to do better and be better!

1 comment:

Brooke Moss said...

I totally understand where you're coming from. My brother, Joe, is always living like a permanently defiant teenager. I'm sorry your family is going through this. Family Drama is the WORST.